Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mauls Brawl

Another Mauls Brawl came and went. traveling down roads of New England that many of us choose to name trails, companys, and videos after has always instilled a feeling of pride in me merely pulling onto and off of them. Springtime in New England will always be a boyhood feeling for me. Every spring i'm 15 again. All of us mutts, groms and apes come crawling out of our winter retirement and feel the need to meet up somewhere for something...its almost predestined. We talk of our plans for a few hours, throw down, and then scatter back out across new england.... With a freshly Renewed faith that we are not alone. when i was younger it was at Impact in R.I., Now for the past 3 years we have been Ranching we've attended Mauls Brawl. It's been like christmas, thanksgiving and an family reunion at once, Tony and everyone involved through the best damn shindig to date. It gets better the older we get in this sport. Lev flipped everywhere!, Jacob, Dean and Sawyer shredded! Billy and Beau pretty much held down the fort as i knew they could. Rose support was high, we had a bunch of smiles, we made a bunch of smiles... and my bike held up good. thank you tables and fables! TYRANTBMX! and Dick Mauls Bike Shop! i felt at home in the truck with beau.. to look in front of me and behind me on the highway and see I'm driving in a convoy.... of Western Mass Ranchers and Locals that just so happened to finish eating at different places 2 hrs from home, hop on the highway.... and just kinda stick to each other like army trucks and drive politely... from a Mauls Event. The ones who could not make it to the event where missed as always but alive and well in my head coachin me on... tellin me "dude its not your hat.... we all have helmets on... just pull the fuckin trick pisser" "and scream for your fellow rider!"

No comments:

Post a Comment